- 32 big prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup garlic mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- Season the prawns with some drops of lemon and salt.
- Skewer the shrimps (in pairs) in wooden skewers.
- Dip each skewer into the egg; and then into the breadcrumbs
- In a small pot, heat the oil to 190 °C. Deep fry the breaded shrimps (swirling the pot in a tight circle) until golden brown (1 to 3 minutes)
- Serve hot accompanied by some garlic mayonnaise.